Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday...

Did you know that today is Fat Tuesday? We usually celebrate it by having pancakes and bacon for dinner. Do you have a tradition for Fat Tuesday? I'm hoping the pancakes and bacon isn't just an Ohio thing but my past experience is that many of the traditions that Mike and I do are only in Ohio. The idea is to eat a really "fatty" meal since tomorrow we start giving up something for the 40 days of Lent. Tonight I have to go Expect Great Things so I won't be home for dinner. I have given Mike full authority to have these for dinner...







These are like crack for our kids. They will just about do anything for mini-bites. I fully recommend you to use these for any major bribes. The kiddos are putty in our hands for mini-bites.



Speaking of crack, here's my new one...







We don't have Starbucks in our little town so this is the best I can get in a quick drive thru. Liquid crack to me. Love me some Frappe. You gotta try one. You won't be sorry!

I will post later on my giving up something for Lent. I am putting a lot of thought into it. I just have to make sure that it is something that will make me remember what sacrificing is all about and not just something to give up for giving ups sake. Make sense??

If you have a chance please say a little prayer for a church friend who's elementary age daughter had to be admitted to the hospital today. I don't know the circumstances but I do know that it can be very scary and I hope they are comforted by prayers from friends. Prayer is powerful stuff! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment