Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home



Yea! We are back home after our stay at the Children's Hospital of Illinois. I can't remember what I wrote before (it's like a blur) but Molly ended up needing ureter stents put back in yesterday. The initial problem that we got admitted for was the possibility of her having diabetes insipidus which is either a kidney problem or a pituitary problem. If you really want to be freaked out google it and read. I am so glad that wasn't the problem. Molly had a partial blockage of her ureters which was causing back pressure on her kidneys. This back pressure was enough to throw the kidney's for a loop and cause her to excessive drink and urinate. The stents give relief on the pressure and allow the kidneys, which have a little scaring, to heal. We're not sure what step 2 is yet but we will let the doctor's work it out in time. We are so thankful for smart, caring, and compassionate doctors, nurses and staff at the Children's Hospital of Illinois. They helped us through a potentially scary and confusing time. And they always kept our daughter's needs first which is very, very important to Mike and I. We are so glad to be home! The attached picture is just before we went home. We only want to post HAPPY pictures!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it sounds like she is feeling better already..What a scary, scary thing to have to go through Beth!! Hopefully all this "rain" in April will bring you all some time to stop and smell the flowers in May!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad Molly is home. Have a great week with all of your family together again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am sure that this wasn't the BEST case scenario, but it doesn't sound like it was the worst either! So glad that you guys are back home and hopefully you can finish out April without anymore incidents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can't figure out how to email you, so I will just post it on here, even though it is unrelated. You can remove it after you read it if you want ;)
    We are in New Baltimore (I think I may have said that in a comment on your post about missing michigan). And we are moving to Harrison Twp to the itty-bitty condo. "House #2" was in New Haven, not sure if you know where that is. It was not a Pulte home (I do believe that is the name of the builder, right?) But if I am correct, it probably is not much different. The builder is Lasalle Homes. We have found that ALL the new homes out here look very similar. Kind of creepy. Even the ones by different builders. In fact, some of the subdivisions up here are creepy they are so alike. There was one that we refused to even look at the house, since they were all IDENTICAL, except for the slight color differences and occasional window variation. Where were you at up here? If we stay, where would you recommend looking for a house at? We are leaning toward getting out of Macomb Co and into Oakland.
    As for the baby food, you are right I should just buy it. But it is SO ridulously expensive, and she won't eat it, so I feel like I am throwing it all away! My boys were not fortunate enough to receive much homemade food, but they ate SO much it would have been hard to keep up. Plus I had the Commissary then, so it wasn't NEARLY as expensive. I feel like if all she is getting is a teaspoon or so a day, I had better make sure that it is as healthy and calorie-filled as possible! (Seeing as how she is almost 8 months, doesn't really eat solids and still gets up more at night than most newborns!) Before long, I hope, she will be eating the mashed up crap we eat at dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another example of God answering prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We appreciate all the prayers and did quite a few ourselves. I feel like I was the patient - I'm exhausted! It is such a roller coaster of emotions in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth,

    Pastor Paul mentioned Molly in church on Sunday and I've been wondering about you all ever since!

    It just donned on me tonight that you might have a blog I could track down...and here you are!

    Glad to see that Molly is home and I hope she is up and running! I just kept thinking that she looked good on Friday but that you were worried about all the drinking she was doing. Hang in there, if there is anything we can do to help, call or email!

    ReplyDelete