Monday, August 31, 2009

365 days...

Wow - we have made it a year in Illinois! Today a year ago, we moved to Morton. And I know what your thinking yeah, yeah, we know, this will be another post about another anniversary for the Shook's. So I won't dwell on that as much as the 360 degree difference in the weather we had a year ago. This day last year it was HOT!! And when I mean hot, I mean really hot. If my brother or sister-in-law are reading this (we know that Mike is behind on his blog reading!) I know they can attest for how hot it was. I don't think I've ever been so sweaty in my life. EVER. It was just plain gross out. We carried load after load after load of our stuff up 3 flights of stairs to our new apartment. It was the pool of sweat in your bra hot. Double gross. I remember us taking a break and going to eat at Culver's. We were so tired and hot that I don't think I even cared who saw me. And, it wasn't pretty. The weather today is very cool. I took Amanda for a walk tonight and I was sorry I didn't have a sweatshirt on and it was 7 pm. It's very pleasant during the days but a little cool for my liking at night. Especially since tomorrow is only the 1st of September. I hope we get an Indian summer here. It would be so pretty and would make this month really nice. September and the preparation for Halloween is big in this town. In a few weeks we will celebrate Pumpkin Festival in town and it is a very big deal. Huge. And fun! We are really looking forward to it. But before then we will marvel in the fact that we have been in the Land of Lincoln for one year. Pretty cool if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment