Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to two...

Some of you might remember my Facebook posts months ago about my lost mini-van key. It was here, then it wasn't. I looked and looked but couldn't find it. The morning I realized it was missing I had scheduled to have a dentist appointment with a new office. The kids were all buckled in their seats, I had a baby-sitter waiting to be picked up and I couldn't find my key. I say it singular as I don't like to carry a bunch of keys in my bag so it was just one key on a ring. My house keys (which I never carry) and my key to Mike's car were separate. I tore the house apart. No luck finding it. I had to call the dentist office and tell them I couldn't make my appointment. It felt like saying the dog had ate my homework. I have never found the missing key. Months and months have passed. We got by on one key and I was oh so very, very careful with it. I put it in the same spot each and every time I returned home.

Well, yesterday I finally got a second key.

I guarantee you it is the most expensive key you have probably ever seen...



Mr. Shook, I will cherish this key like it is our fourth child. It will never be out of my sight and I will treat it with the utmost respect. Thank you for caving and letting me get it. I know, I know I still owe you for it.

Mr. Landfill Worker, please keep a good and faithful eye on my little key. I'm pretty sure its taking up space in your big hole.

2 comments:

  1. The spell is now broken and the original key will now show up. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you never found the first key! Now that you've purchased the new one, I bet you hope it never turns up!

    And look! After months of trying, I can finally comment on your blog. We got a new computer and VOILA!! Problem solved and I don't even know what the problem ever was!

    ReplyDelete