Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This time last year...

Mike gets MLK Jr.'s Birthday off at work. I don't know why I didn't remember this but it was a pleasant surprise last week. I said to Mike I wonder what we did last year on this day. He said probably not much. I went on about my day and in the shower - where I get my best quiet time and do some deep thinking amongst the hot water - I realized that we were moving our stuff out of our Michigan house this weekend last year. How could we forget that??!! Hard to believe it's been a year since we sold that house and officially became members of the Land of Lincoln. What a relief that house sale was, too!

Yesterday we quietly celebrated by taking the kids to see The Princess and The Frog. I would be interested in hearing what other's thought about the movie. I left a little disappointed and not thrilled with some of the imagery. Why is it that EVERY Disney movie has to have a really sad moment and a kind of scary moment, too. Luckily the kids didn't think it was scary so maybe it was just their parents. The last thing we need is scary dreams from a rated G movie!

2 comments:

  1. We went and saw the Princess and the Frog around Christmas, I totally agree with you! Before we went I had to talk to Trinity about the "bad guy" and how everything would turn out okay in the end. Of course, I knew that it would because it was a Disney movie......but since it WAS a G rated Disney movie shouldn't that mean I don't need to talk about a "bad guy" and sad things etc.!!! She did say she liked the movie after it was over but there were a few parts that she sat in my lap until they were over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was Ella's first big girl movie at the theater - she had to be able to sit through a whole movie at home first! She loved it. Didn't even flinch or get upset at the scary part or the sad part. Event though her mommy did a lot more than she did! Why is that? Hummm.

    ReplyDelete