Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Take me away...

I have really gotten into reading with Cameron. It is so exciting to watch new words form in that little mind. We have been practicing beginner reader books. We have been going to the library once a week and picking out new titles to bring home. It has also renewed my love of reading. I use to read a lot but in the past few years I have found it more and more challenging to find the time to read. Lately I have been reading before bed which I really call "me" time. I was asked by a college friend to join an on-line reading group she set up for Stay at Home Mom's on Facebook. Last month was our first read and we read an excellent book. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. It was the second time I have read it and it remind me why I loved it so much the first time. The new book I'm now reading is by a favorite author, Jodi Picoult. It is titled Handle with Care. I would recommend this read, too.

Here are my 5 favorite books I've read:

1.) To Kill a Mockingbird

2.) A Thousand Splendid Suns

3.) The Glass Castle

4.) Bridget Jones' Diary

5.) My Sister's Keeper

This list could be much, much longer! Share with me a favorite read of yours. I need to add some new titles to my list. Books just take me away to a place where I can think, and dream and wish. I'm not a big fan of books that have been turned into movies. Always disappointing and they always butcher the story. I often don't like to see movies that have been books I read. I like keeping the original story in my mind unchanged.

Here are some of our reads...



Nothing like a little Dr. Seuss to start the day! Our favorite now is One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish. Read it again for a good smile!

1 comment:

  1. Bill loved "The Little Red Caboose" and had it memorized. You could not skip a line. In revenge, I got Lily her own copy. When I read it to her I got such flash backs. It was a definite bitter-sweet moment. Cherish these moments. Pretty soon your little guy will be thirty-something with a child of his own.

    ReplyDelete