Monday, July 5, 2010

Things to say, just seem so busy...

I can't believe how long it's been since I updated my blog. You would think I had been busy or something! Between vacation, VBS, a little get-away for myself and Mr. Shook as well as the 4th of July things have been kind of hectic...

We had a great time visiting with both of our families in Ohio. The highlight of the week was probably our trip to Cedar Point. We all had a blast and Cameron is already saying, "when we got back next year..." . It was really fun! It's pretty much the same as I remember from the good old days (did you know I worked there a summer in college??!!) but a few things have changed. The biggest being my fear (which is new since 1991) of the rides that go too fast aka roller coasters. I went on the Iron Dragon and the good old Gemini and that about did me in. Mr. Shook reverted back to 1988 and rode quite a few of the big coasters. I think Mr. Shook had a blast! Thank you Regan and Cailin for needing an extra rider and letting Uncle Mike be that guy!

After we came back to Illinois our church's VBS started and what a week that was! Here's where I spent most of my time helping out...

This is Chadder...


and here is our map of God Sightings...


God sightings were ways that the kids shared things that they saw in the world that was evidence of God's presence. You can imagine some of the creative answers that I got! I showed a video to the preschool classes each night and then shared a little something about a bible verse or story. I was so glad to be able to help out even in a small capacity. Our vacation bible school rocks!

Here is Molly and her friend Abbey...


My pictures aren't very good from the end of the week program (too much kid movement!) but here is Cameron and Molly both singing their hearts out!...



We spent last night celebrating the 4th of July with some friends at the Peoria Cheifs game and then watching the Peoria fireworks from the stadium. Probably the best part of the whole night was the kids getting to run the bases after the game. What a fun time!...






What a great Daddy for running with our small fry, too! Hope everyone had a great 4th! I can't believe that summer is 1/2 over already!

No comments:

Post a Comment