Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Things to celebrate, things to remember...

Things I choose today to celebrate...



- that school starts in one week

- that I have what I feel are really nice kids who are learning so much but also are respectful, kind and nice to their teachers and friends


- that the weather is cooler and that there is an abundance of sunshine toda

- that my friends Brad and Staci have received really positive news regarding Brad's illness. This is a huge joy!!

- that very soon Mr. Shook and I will be celebrating living in Morton for 3 years. I'm still not "from here", but I am here.

- that Mr. Shook had successful outpatient surgery yesterday, was a real trooper, and that I didn't pass out when I looked at the incision last night. It is a decent size for just having local anesthetic.

- that Mr. Shook is a super supportive husband and friend and allowed us to travel to Ohio for the second time in a week. I really needed to do that. Thank you, Mike!!







Things that I am remembering...


- yesterday my Grandfather died one year ago. When we went to the cemetery to visit him when we were home a few weeks ago it made me realize even more that I don't live in Seville anymore.

- my friends Tracy and Pat and their family at the passing of Tracy's father, Jay. Both Tracy and Pat said really beautiful things about Jay under some intense emotions and I am so proud of both of them. I know you will have no regrets sharing with all of us.



- These words:





There's a peace I've come to know


Though my heart and flesh may fail


There's an anchor for my soul


I can say "It is well"








Jesus has overcome


And the grave is overwhelmed


The victory is won


He is risen from the dead







And I will rise when He calls my name


No more sorrow, no more pain


I will rise on eagles' wings


Before my God fall on my knees


And rise


I will rise








There's a day that's drawing near


When this darkness breaks to light


And the shadows disappear


And my faith shall be my eyes







Jesus has overcome

And the grave is overwhelmed


The victory is won


He is risen from the dead




And I will rise when He calls my name


No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise on eagles' wings


Before my God fall on my knees


And rise


I will rise






And I hear the voice of many angles sing,


"Worthy is the Lamb"


And I hear the cry of every longing heart,


"Worthy is the Lamb"






And I will rise when He calls my name


No more sorrow, no more pain


I will rise on eagles' wings


Before my God fall on my knees


And rise


I will rise


-Chris Tomlin



































1 comment:

  1. Thank you! So great to see how good God is! HUGS to you my dear friend! -Staci P

    ReplyDelete