I would first like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. Whether you are a mom to children, your pet, your co-workers, whomever you deserve a shout out!
It seems Mother's Day has become all about the gift. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the gift. Big, shiny, sparkly, bring it on. Truth be told I asked for some sessions with a personal trainer so I don't think she's going to be as sparkly as I would like. I remember Dale and I making one of those coupon gifts for my Mom one year. I can't remember what the coupons were for but if I could make requests here's what I would like...
- A day of not fighting over our baby sister touching Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Let's try and work it out (which they usually do) without too many tears. (This means you, Molly!)
- A day at Wal-Mart where we just stroll along, people don't look at me with pity (you know that look!) and where we don't touch all the glass jars and squish the bread.
- A day where we pick up our toys before starting in on the next disaster. There is little that annoys me more than one mess on top of another.
- A day where the clothes mysteriously fold themselves and get put away in the snap of a finger. Remember the scene in Mary Poppins where the children's room is put back together in like 30 seconds? That's exactly what I want.
- A day of pottying all alone. Yes, I do mean me. I can't go to the bathroom alone for 2 seconds without one of the cherubs coming in and giving me the 5th degree on what I'm doing. Mommy, are you pooping? Mommy, why are you reading? Mommy, what are you doing?
What coupons would you want in your book?
CrockPot Peach Compote Recipe
3 days ago