Sunday, May 2, 2010

Welcome to the jungle...

Wow. This never crossed my mind this time last year. I plead ignorance.



WE HAVE WAY, WAY, WAY TOO MUCH LANDSCAPING IN OUR YARD.



WE HAVE WAY, WAY, WAY TOO MUCH LANDSCAPING AROUND OUR HOUSE.



IT COULD BE A JUNGLE.



I have muttered under my breath several times in the last week, "who's idea was it to buy this house?" Rhetorical question...I already know the answer.

Today was the last day for "free" yard waste dumping at the recycle location for our city. After today you have to bag it and pay to unload it. We were trimming like wild people this afternoon. We filled three garage cans full. If anyone from the city of Morton would stumble across this post I have a suggestion/request. The free period of dumping needs to be longer. 2 weeks is what they give you and not long enough in my jungle.


Another jungle we encountered this weekend was the Illinois Marathon at the University of Illinois in Champaign. Mike ran the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. There were a lot of people running and watching but it was really fun. Mike finished 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes. This course was hard and the heat came out at about mile 8. Mike hung in there and the finish line was at the 50 yard line in the football stadium.

Pictures of finishing, the 50 yard line and mile 9 1/2 high fives...





After the race Mike said, and I quote, "no matter what I ever say, do not let me run a marathon. Even if I think I can do it tell me it's a stupid idea." Now it's documented. Don't do it, honey. The 1/2 is way cooler!

1 comment: