Sunday, February 12, 2012

Queen of the Jungle...

Does your school have a Star of the Week? Well, in Molly's first grade class you are either Queen of the Jungle or King of the Jungle. It's a very cute idea and Molly was the Queen of the Jungle last week.

On Monday you take in pictures of yourself and finish sentences about yourself.
My favorite sport is...Soccer
My family...Dad, Mom, Cameron and Amanda
My hobbies...Legos, Ballet, Tap and Jazz
Someday I want to be a...teacher
My favorite food...hot dogs and pizza
Something I'm good at...I'm a good friend

On Tuesday you take a treat and a show and tell item. We made trail mix and Molly took in her Lego camper. Quite a hit, especially with the fellows of the class.

On Wednesday your classmates write letters to you. This is what I really wanted to share about her special week. Here are some of the things that her friends wrote about my girl. I'll leave the first grade spelling and writing the way it was done.

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are nice.
Your friend,
Dax

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are my bust frust and you like me and I like you!
Your friend,
Anika

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are nies and you like me. Whet is yor brurrs (brother's) name?
Your friend,
Connor

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are funny and you are a very nice. I realy liked your show and tell. Thank you for the snacks.
Your friend,
Becca

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are a funny cool and nice.
Your friend,
Garrett

Dear Molly,
I like you because you are nice, cool, nice, fun, funny, good and you never ever move your number or cube's.
Your friend,
Will

Aren't these great things to hear from your friends?
I think we all need to have a day where everyone writes us letters and tells us a thing or two that they like about us. It's very good for the ego!!




2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Thanks for sharing Beth!
    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love that they write notes to the Queen of the Jungle!

    ReplyDelete