Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day 2012

Yesterday, September 3, 2012, marks 4 years that we have lived in Central Illinois.  And, starting today, this is the longest we have lived anywhere since 1998.  I wish I had some pictures of us moving 4 years ago.  It was a VERY hot day.  I wish I had more pictures of our house in Michigan.  I couldn't find any of it with landscaping.  But here's where we called home 4 years ago...


It was a good house for us and we hope that new memories are being made in it still.

I don't know that Morton is our forever home, but that's where we are now.  Today.  I know many folks who have moved multiple times with Caterpillar and I wonder if that is ever in our future.  They say in the CAT world that all roads lead to Peoria so even those that have moved somehow seem back in Central Illinois again.  Only the man upstairs knows what's in our future.  I do pray about it, though.  It certainly changes things when you have 3 children now in school.  Uprooting that would be a tough call. 

Anyhoo...no need to fret over that right now.  There is some celebrating to do here!

Fifteen years ago today Mr. Shook popped the question.

I remember it like it was yesterday.  We were on a vacay to Florida which started by Tampa and ended at Sanibel Island.  It was a really fun time (which 15 years later my Mom can still make scandalous!) and we got engaged on a Thursday night, on the beach, in the rain.  A light rain, I should say.  I was one excited girl and didn't tell anyone for 2 WHOLE DAYS!  And then when we did tell people I didn't know what to say! 

It was a great time, a very exciting time and the best decision I ever made.  I know there are days that Mr. Shook thinks what has he gotten himself in to, but he assures me, almost every day, that there is no place he would rather be. 

Ditto.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment