Some days are more difficult that others when you are a domestic goddess, aka, stay-at-home Mom. There have been days when I have wanted to meet Mike at the door only to pass him by and run for the hills. There are days that go by so smoothly that I wonder if all of the planets are in alignment because those are rare days. But, no matter how challenging a day I always try to remind myself of one thing that I love about each of my children on that specific day. There is always at least one thing! Today Amanda turns 21 months. I thought I would share a few of my favorite things about my baby...
- She gives the absolute best hugs hands down. She hugs her Daddy, her Mommy, her Aunt Margaret, Uncle Dale's leg, her cousins, unfortunately from time to time strangers, like the cable guy, like it's the last hug of her life. Tight and around the neck. I love them.
- She says new words every day. Our latest is Elmo. If I say "go get an Elmo" she runs and gets me a diaper, brings it back and lies down on the floor. Bingo! I have her trained. Almost as good as having a dog that would get you the paper or a cold beer.
- She loves her brother and sister. She wants to be doing whatever they are doing. It is not always reciprocated but she still loves them none the less.
- I love that I can give her a snack in a bowl and she will sit down and hold it and do her best at not spilling it. She loves that I will let her try to have more than one goldfish, pretzel, non-chokeable food item. It brings out the big girl in her.
- I love that she is still little. I see her little sponge taking in so much knowledge and learning so much but I'm not quite ready to set that all loose. She is a work in progress!
I'm really looking forward to Amanda turning 2 because I feel so silly still talking in months when I can almost round up. But, I don't mind keeping her little for a while longer!
Happy 21 month birthday, baby girl! Mommy loves you!