Monday, April 13, 2009

A good weekend...
















What a great weekend we had! I love times like that where we have fun with little effort. I have shared a few pictures from our fun time.














We had a blast in Chicago which was topped off by seeing Tom Izzo, head men's basketball coach at Michigan State, walking down Michigan Avenue. So cool and he was very nice! It is actually our second Tom Izzo sighting. We saw him in May 2006 at Greenfield Village which is part of the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit.














We are headed back to Chicago in May and I'm already looking forward to it! Now I just have to find great room rates to make it worth our while.














We had a fun Easter which started by going to church at 8 am. We may have gotten to church at 8:01 but the effort was there! The church looked beautiful and the service was great. During the Sunday School hour they had an egg hunt for the kids. There were 1,700 eggs to hide. The church did an amazing job! We then went to brunch with my brother and his family and had a yummy time. The afternoon was kind of lazy with golf watching. I was bummed that Kenny Perry wasn't able to pull off his first win at a major. I really hope someday Mike and I can make the trip to watch The Master's. We love to watch golf and it is a blast in person. It makes me miss our August weekend's watching the NEC at Firestone. My cousin Jessica and her husband Dave, who live outside St. Louis, drove over in the afternoon and hung out with us. They spent the night and Cameron was ecstatic that Dave was a willing participant on playing the Wii.














All in all it was a fun Easter weekend. As much as we love the bunny it is the love of Jesus in our hearts that makes Easter so special. What an amazing thing he did for all of us in giving his life for our sins. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I love the kids outfits...sailor dresses are so cool! What beautiful blue eyes too.
    Glad you had a great few days...

    ReplyDelete