Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

I have been a neglectful wife today. I totally forgot that it was Father's Day. I remembered on Wednesday and thought that I would have plenty of time to go get treats and a card on Friday. Well...we know that didn't happen. This morning I looked at status updates on Facebook and my heart sank. I had forgot that this was Mike's day. I had slept in with Molly and when I got up Mike was making all of us breakfast instead me making it for him. That's the kind of guy I'm married to - the one who puts all of us first. We have so many things to be thankful for today but first and foremost I am thankful that Michael Shook came into my life and was persistent enough to not leave. I thank God every day for him and I thank God for bringing us together. He is a caring man, a patient husband and a very generous father. He loves us more than anything and we all adore him back. Mike and I had many fun years together before we had children but the 5 1/2 years since have been the best. Mike watched all 3 of our children being born and still thinks it was really cool, even with 2 of them being c-sections. He has held me when I was the most sad when my Grandmother died and ached just as much as I did. He has held my hand and protected my heart when we have watched our daughter go through so much lately. He has assured me every time that it was going to be OK. He has provided for our family even during days when we didn't know what God intended for us. He is my rock. I know that this wasn't the most ideal father's day but I promise we will have many more fun days ahead. I thank him for sticking with me, for being my teammate and for being the best father ever. We have so much fun as a family! I love you, Michael...

1 comment:

  1. What a nice blog....you are a special couple/family. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete