Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Candlelight...

I have had my dining room painted twice since we've lived in our new house. We moved in May 29th and it's been painted twice, by the same painter, the same color. It is a great butter cream light yellow. I really, really wanted the dining room to have a unique look so the painter suggested adding a topcoat of Ralph Lauren Candlelight to the color. It looks really cool...on the swatches. I'm not so sure about on the walls. The Candlelight top coat can be described as "an innovative top coat designed to emulate the radiant glow and the subtle nuances of flickering candlelight." Sounds awesome, doesn't it?? I thought I would love it but now I'm not so sure. I can guarantee that the hubby isn't going to like it one bit. He was satisfied with the painting last night before the Candlelight finish was added today. I have a feeling paint # 3 is our future...

Mike called to ask how it looked and I said "well..." and that about summed it up for him without even seeing it. I'll update on the dining room walls future soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment