Sunday, August 16, 2009

Enough already, Mom...

I'm am pretty sure that Cameron has grown extremely tired of me asking if he's excited about Kindergarten starting. I'm sure because I believe he has started to ignore me when I ask. Or I get the "yes, Mom, I already told you I'm excited." OK, enough with the questions for my boy. I really think this is more monumental for me than it is for him. I'll tell you who is going to be the most effected by school starting - smallest Shook child, Miss Amanda. I have a distinct feeling that she will be less thrilled to pull away from the school at drop off than her brother and sister. She follows those 2 around all day. It's only 2 1/2 hours but that can be a very, very long time when you are 2!

I got the label maker out today. It was a new purchase and I was excited to try it. That is until it required labeling 12 colored pencils, 8 crayons, 8 markers, 2 Expo dry erase markers, 3 glue sticks, one bottle of Elmer's glue, a pencil box, 3 sharpened pencils, a tray of watercolors, a back pack and a pair of blunt tip scissors. I'm surprised I have any label tape left! And the whole time I'm doing it I have 2 girls who want to "help." Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We are anxiously awaiting an Old Navy delivery for our first day of school shirt. Our Grammy gave us school shopping $$ and Cameron requested a Star Wars shirt. I am praying that it is here in time. Part of our excitement for the start of school all hinges on this one shirt. The pressure!! My Mom reminded me that she always loved having a new outfit to wear on the first day when she was in school and she always made sure we had one, too. You forget it's the little things. Or it is the little things that are really big!

No comments:

Post a Comment