Friday, July 16, 2010

Waiting with your breath held, right?...

I'm sure that all my bloggy friends have been holding their breath to receive an update on our potty situation. Well, guess what...?

SHE

COULD

CARE

LESS!

Surprised? I'm not.

This hasn't been nearly as successful as I might have hoped. In fact I would call it one big fat failure. What is a Mom to do about it? Drowned her sorrows in a Polar Pop? Don't tempt me!

I have decided that we might just have to give up our beloved spot at the preschool, we might have to accept that fact that we don't have a little Einstein on our hands, and I might have to admit that I am not the Super-Mom that you might have thought me to be. I had you fooled, right?

Instead we have been doing things like this...

Filling old water bottles with rocks, grass, ants, sticks...


Then have our brother practice his reading to his little sister while she just sits, and sits and sits some more...


Have a popsicle while sitting some more...


Build creative Lego creations and take all kinds of pictures of them (Mom's job)...



Making a royal wet mess in the back yard and loving it!...



If we go potty great, if not that's going to have to be OK, too. You see, I've decided that I do actually have a little Einstein on our hands because she is certainly smart enough to know that she can go potty. All the control is in the hands of one newly three year old. She IS pretty smart!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun summer so far! Sorry to hear about the potty stress..."they" say that kids all move at their own pace. Eventually she'll be potty-trained like the rest of the world...but I hope you don't lose your pre-school spot because of it! That stinks...

    ReplyDelete